We all have parts that are craving to be felt but are covered by the hyper-stimulation of today’s fast paced society. In Heart iQ we know you have to “feel it to heal it” and that starts by coming into relationship with your body, letting it take the lead.
The Slow Motion Movement Practice connects you to your heart, your body, and an exquisite sense of self intimacy and joy. The more slowly you move, the more deeply you connect.
How do you do it?
- Go to a quiet place where you’ll be undisturbed.
- Start in a comfortable position — e.g. sitting, standing, on all fours, lying down.
- Allow your body to relax and gently focus on your breath. Eyes can be opened or closed.
- When your body feels like it wants to move, let it happen, but very, very slowly.
- Move based upon your body’s longing rather than your mind’s will. No thinking “now I’ll move this part or that part.” Instead, become the witness to your body’s natural inclination. Become fascinated, even surprised, by your body’s movements. And keep it slow, slow, slow.
- This is not a discipline you have to do every day. Your body will crave it because it feels so good and it reconnects you to your pure life force. You get to choose how often and when you wish to practice.
- This practice is not intended to move toward pain or deep stretch, or to achieve tension relief, or contact wounding or trauma. Simply follow what feels good. Follow your joy.
- Do not use music with this practice. Let your own emergent, surrendered leadership come forth. Trust your body to lead you without outside stimulation, then simply witness what comes forth.
- Resist the temptation to go into complete stillness. Emotion is energy in motion, so you must move in order to feel. Simply keep your movements exquisitely slow.
- This practice can be applied by practicing it with a partner, tantric style, whether it be your romantic partner or a friend. Look into the eyes of your partner as you both surrender to the exquisitely slow and pleasurable movement of your bodies.
Thanks to Tej Steiner, founder of Heart Circles, who first brought this practice to us.
Are you ready to give it a try? The following video will guide you through, step by step.
Enjoyed this practice? Why not join us at an upcoming Heart iQ Challenge and connect with others on the path of increasing their Heart iQ?
This is an opportunity to practice your conscious communication, embodiment and heart intelligence online with others. Although perfect for complete beginners, it's also a great way for the members of the community who have already been initiated to re-connect and to continue to deepen their practice.
Take the Heart iQ Challenge
A 90-Day Experiential Online Coaching Program For Your Personal, Relational & Professional Development in Heart iQ.